PRINCE2® Project Management Certification
Axelos PRINCE2®is a globally recognized project management methodology used especially in information technology (IT) environments. This certification uses the best-proven practices from a variety of industries and backgrounds. It validates candidates' expertise to successfully deliver projects of any size or complexity and provides the essentials for managing any project.
PRINCE2® certification exam domains are as follows:
- Overview, Principles and Tailoring PRINCE2® to the Project Environment
- Business Case (BC) Theme
- Quality (QU) Theme
- Plans (PL) Theme
- Risk (RK) Theme
- Change (CH) Theme
- Progress (PG) Theme
- Starting up a Project (SU) Process
- Directing a Project (DP) Process
- Initiating a Project (IP) Process
- Controlling a Stage (CS) Process
- Managing Product Delivery (MP) Process
- Managing a Stage Boundary (SB) Process
- Closing a Project (CP) Process
PRINCE2® certification is divided into two levels: Foundation and Practitioner.
PRINCE2® Foundation: This certification is a prerequisite for the Practitioner certification. The Foundation Level introduces the PRINCE2 method. It aims to confirm that candidates have an understanding of the PRINCE2 method well enough to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment that supports PRINCE2.
PRINCE2® Practitioner: This certification is for candidates who are managing projects as part of their role. It aims to confirm whether candidates have a sufficient understanding of how to apply and customize the method in a range of different project environments and scenarios.
uCertify provides a study guide for the PRINCE2 exam. The PRINCE2 course covers the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exam objectives with its various comprehensive learning resources.
Requirements for PRINCE2® Certification
- PRINCE2® Foundation: There is no formal pre-requisite for the Foundation qualification. However, candidates are required to have some understanding of Project Management.
- PRINCE2® Practitioner: Passing one of the following is the prerequisite to Practitioner qualification:
- PRINCE2® Foundation (or higher) - this only applies to certificates obtained after 1 January 2009
- Project Management Qualification (PMQ)
- Project Professional Qualification (PPQ)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)